Sunday 4 January 2009

Considering a TODO List

Read a feature in the Daily Mail the other day (no, not about terrorism, scummy government, crime or rapacious idiotic banks) by Mike Gayle, promoting his most recent book: The To Do List http://www.mikegayle.co.uk/to_do.html

As usual, he has a great way with comedic content, even if this is apparently 'for real'. Having read a number of his books (Mr Commitment has to be one of the funniest) I may well get this one too.

Knowing that my own time-and-task management is pretty poor away from the workplace, I think that maybe I should create my own TODO List and aim to complete that in some predefined timeframe. Think I'll procrastinate on that a little bit longer though, got plenty of 'displacement activities' to keep it at bay ;-)

Also spotted comments in a Flickr photo posting about getting things done, with a link to the following blog showing one person's target: http://hundred1inthousand1.tumblr.com/

So, what I should do is to (a) create my list, then (b) publish it, and (c) commit to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've now read through more content on Mike Gayle's web site and see from his To Do List blog that his publisher is running 'The To-Do List competition' over the next few weeks. See www.hodder.co.uk/thetodolist